Just a quick heads up that we’ll be closed this Thursday and Friday, Aug 27 and 28, for our annual stock take. If you have an order to collect before the weekend please make sure you swing by before today at 6!
We’re very happy to tell you that as of tomorrow, Wednesday 15th July we will be open again 7 days a week for browsing! We can’t wait to see you!
There will be a few changes:
- We’ll be allowing 2 people in the shop at a time after hand sanitizing at the door. If you see there are already 2 people inside, please wait for a short time on the bench outside and we’ll do our best to serve those inside the shop quickly.
- Please use the hand sanitizer as you enter the shop which means you can then pick up and browse the books.
- Please wear a face mask when inside the shop, as you know the space is very small and it means everyone can browse safely.
- Our new opening hours are noon to 6pm every day.
- If you know what you’re looking for and don’t want to browse, you can still order online for collection and avoid the queue. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please email us for availability.
- We’ll be operating a one-way system inside the shop – please follow the arrows and make your way clockwise round the centre table. If you’re collecting a pre-paid order, please come straight to the till.
- We’ve installed screens around the till area and made more space to move within the shop, this is to help protect staff and customers.
- Sadly the second hand basement will be closed to customers but you can check out/purchase Patrick’s second hand books on his Instagram.
- For now we can only accept contactless card payments, no cash please.
- If you can’t make it to the shop at the moment, we’re continuing our home delivery service if you order online we will still deliver by bike or post!
Many thanks for your continued support. We can’t wait to see you in person!
Jo, Eleanor, Isaura, Ollie & Pema xxx
Since closing in March, we’ve had quite a journey working out how to get books to people safely, and we’ve sent out heaps of books by bike, post and now collection from the door.
From today we are technically allowed to open again. However, we’ve decided that the shop is simply too small to open up for browsing in a safe way for both customers and staff. So for the time being we’ll continue to sell books from our website for collection from the door or delivery by bike or post.
Needless to say, we hugely miss our face to face interactions with all of you, which was really the best part about our jobs and we look forward to having you in the shop again when we feel we can do so safely. If you haven’t yet checked our new online shop, do take a look here and don’t forget that we can still order any other books that aren’t listed there!
Thank you so much for all your orders and your incredible support!
Jo & El